Do you have your own side hustle? Selling thrift clothing, perfume or your own product? In this article, I listed 10 Social Media Advantages For Small & Medium Size Enterprise (SME) In Malaysia.
- 1. It’s always and forever free!
- 2. Viral content = Free marketing!
- 3. Create quality organic content.
- 4. Reach large audiences.
- 5. Direct connection with your audience.
- 6. Build your brand efficiently.
- 7. Paid advertising services.
- 8. Drive traffic to the website.
- 9. Evaluate business performance.
- 10. Valuable insight information.
1. It’s always and forever free!
Firstly, one of the most significant social media advantages in marketing is that it’s entirely free to start. None of the largest platforms has signup fees of any sort, so the only investment you’ll need to make is in the form of time.
2. Viral content = Free marketing!
The unique advantage of social media is the ability to get help from your followers. People love to share things with their networks, from photos and recipes to exciting articles and hot deals.
Unlike other forms of Internet marketing, like your site and paid advertisements, content on social media is often shared. In addition, I suggest that twice a week, post memes related to your business.
3. Create quality organic content.
The ability to post quality organic content for free is an incredible benefit of social media for business. This opens many opportunities for your company to connect with valuable leads at no cost. Yup! No cost at all!
4. Reach large audiences.
There are millions of people using social media platforms. It’s an excellent opportunity for your business to reach a large pool of people interested in your products or services.
In 2016, research from Statista showed that 62% of the total Malaysian population is actively using social media. On 2021? You guessed it, 86% of the total Malaysian population! Therefore, it’s a huge social media advantage. It gives a vast opportunity for your business to find more leads that want your products or services.
5. Direct connection with your audience.
Social media is one of the few marketing strategies that allow you to connect directly with your audience. You know who is interested in your business because they choose to follow your social media account.
- You gain valuable insight about your customers: You can see who interacts with your posts and how they interact with them. It helps you adapt your strategy to make it better for your followers.
- A greater understanding of your potential customer: You make the content more personalised, which leads to more engagement on your page and with your business.
- Comprehensive customer service: A direct connection with your audience allows you to resolve issues easier.
- Evaluate how your customer perceives your business: You know your audience’s perception of your company with social media marketing. It’s a huge advantage of social media marketing because you can capitalise on aspects people like about your business and upgrade the elements they don’t like.
6. Build your brand efficiently.
When you connect with interested customers, you expose them to your brand. The ability to post organic content for free allows you to build brand recognition repeatedly with your audience. This also builds brand loyalty. Thus, the more people get exposed to your brand, the more they become familiar with it.
Simple tips for your branding image:
- Standardise design of posting
- Limit on using 2 fonts
- Use only 2 to 5 colours template
- Seratus Peratus suggest using Canva ⬇⬇⬇
Supercharge your team’s productivity and creativity with everything they need to produce professional content, collaborate effortlessly and achieve their goals faster. Click here for exclusive Canva Pro 30 days FREE from Seratus Peratus!
7. Paid advertising services.
Paid advertisements offer your business the opportunity to connect with exciting leads that haven’t found your business yet. Social media platforms allow you to tailor your ads to appear in the feeds of people looking for your products and services.
On the other hand, This creates an excellent opportunity for your business to expand your reach and obtain new leads. You help more interested potential customers find your business, which results in new followers and conversions for your business. 💲💲💲⬆
8. Drive traffic to the website.
Most social media platforms allow you to post content with a link to your website. When you create compelling content, you can make your audience click on the link. Hence, this directs them to your site, where they can learn more about your business more.
It’s an excellent opportunity for you to help your audience get more familiar with your business.
They can check out your website and learn about your products and services.
Update! Seratus Peratus will conduct a class to build your website ground up for only RM25. Stay tuned! “Kelas Santai 1.0 – Building Your Own Website”
9. Evaluate business performance.
Whenever you run a marketing campaign, you want to know how it’s performing. Social media platforms make it easy to track your campaign to see if you’re driving valuable outcomes. As a result, you can determine how many people see your posts, comment, like, share, and more.
10. Valuable insight information.
Lastly, you can also use social media to gain valuable information about your customers that will help you make smarter business decisions. For example, social listening allows you to discover how people feel about your company and brand. Is your product good? Bad? With social listening, you can uncover conversations about your business and answer questions about your offerings.
#Ethical Social Media